Membership in our Coven
Degarrin extends membership opportunities to individuals based on demonstrated ability, experience, training and compatibility with other members of Degarrin. We do not discriminate against others based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, origin, ancestry, veteran status or age (except as outlined in our requirements section).
If you are interested in joining, you must go through a petition, interview and assessment process. This may include submitting a Membership Petition, an interview, completing assessment courses and attending open gatherings or visiting our location. This provides an opportunity to assess your potential and overall compatibility with the Coven as a whole.
Unfortunately, we are still closed for membership and will be so for the remainder of the year. Degarrin recently closed its Community Location at New Circle Road. This was a difficult decision for us, and came about due to several factors. With the passing of two founders and various family members in the past year and a half, financial constraints, limited resources, and other reasons, we felt the need to provide our coven time to grieve, reflect, and regroup.
In the near future we will be focusing our efforts on continuing to be a resource for the community in a different way. These efforts will include making our Seminary available online, going more mobile with the services that we provide, having a stronger presence in social and public events, and more. You may still reach us via our website contact page. Please continue to check our site for updates and announcements.
We will be open for membership by the beginning of 2019 and will be providing our services in a mobile capacity within the next several months. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Initial Steps to Membership:
Register at our site.
Read over the Membership Requirements in detail below. Also be sure to check out the Membership FAQs.
Submit the completed Petition.
Wait for a reply. A member of Degarrin will contact you regarding the Petition. We ask that you be patient, as this generally takes anywhere from 7 to 13 days after submission.
Anyone wanting to become a member of Degarrin must meet the following:
- At least eighteen years old.
- Local to the Lexington area.
- Have a reliable means of transportation.
- Completed a minimum of Jr. High School education (High School Diploma or Equivalency Preferred).
- Able to speak, read, and write English.
- Available to meet weekly on Sunday evenings.
- Able to obtain needed materials (e.g. Vestment, books, etc.).
- Comfortable with and have regular access to a computer and internet.
- Possess a valid Gmail Account.
- Familiar with and utilize Google Services/Softwares including: Calendars, Drive, Search, Maps, etc.
- Maintain a planner/organizer (including digital e.g. google calendar/contacts/tasks etc.)
- Own a smartphone (e.g. iOS/Android).
- Familiar with and be willing to utilize other software including Messaging, Project & Web Applications.
- Able to successfully complete the free Member Candidacy assessment/online courses offered by Degarrin.
- Ready to volunteer community assistance on behalf of Degarrin.
- Able to support the Coven through volunteer time, service, or offerings.
- Devote ten hours minimum per week for studies and other activities.
- Willing to complete the Seminary program up through the Bachelor’s Degree level or higher.
In addition, prospective members must not smoke, chew tobacco, harvest tobacco products, or partake of any recreational drugs. This restriction also applies to all forms of herbal cigarettes, alternative nicotine and vapor products. Degarrin finds these items to not only be harmful to the user, but also to people in the immediate vicinity and the environment. As such, the Coven has determined that the use of these products is in violation of Degarrin's Rede and Virtues, and cannot be supported.